Friday 11 July 2014

Sunset in St Andrews


Time for a few more pictures. These are from the famous pier with the sun setting over St Andrews.





On my way back home, I just had to stop to take this one of St Salvator’s Chapel.



Finally, this was a few days later. Now at first glance the picture is completely unremarkable. This however is a weather phenomena known as noctilucent clouds. Looking through the kitchen window, I saw some really bright clouds in the sky. It was fairly dark outside and these clouds somehow looked strange in contrast. So I decided to take a "snap shot" before going to off bed. Truth be told, I forgot about the pictures on my camera till I was reading an article on the news a few days later explaining that these clouds had been happening. Next time I guess I will have to go out for some proper pictures...


No comments: